Occupation Business and Financial Operations
Location 45069, West Chester, Ohio, United States
Visa Sponsorship No
Last Update: 3/02/23
Janfay Corporate Recruiting is in search of a self-directed and experienced Senior Accountant to oversee daily financial and accounting activities. The successful candidate will be responsible for month end close, budget management, financial analysis of complex records and reports, forecasting.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a professional who thrives in a busy workplace, and is well-versed in working closely with senior management.
- Assisting in the month-end closing process to ensure timely and accurate accounting.
- Ensure journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations are completed timely and accurately.
- Complete proper analysis to ensure that expenditures, profit and balance sheet are properly stated.
- Participating in forecast and budget preparation, using strong analytical skills to develop insightful revenue and expenditure trends and recommend appropriate budget/forecast levels while developing adequate reporting to ensure accountability to budgets/forecasts.
- Developing a broad business knowledge as well as specific knowledge and relationships with selected business units in order to better understand their budgets/forecasts and recommend potential cost savings opportunities.
- Building, maintaining and distributing daily, monthly, and quarterly financial reports with a focus on improved insight into business issues and optimization of reporting processes.
- Ensuring accounting controls are adequate and functioning properly by recommending, implementing and monitoring policies and procedures.
- Participating in various special projects as determined in order to better understand the business operations from a broader corporate scope. Contribute to determining the return on investment of capital expenditures or major projects.
- Performing other duties and projects as assigned.
- 3 to 4 years of strong experience with month end close, budgets, forecasts and analysis.
- Intermediate MS Excel experience is required
- Experience working with Lawson a plus
- A strong work ethic; willing to work to ensure deadlines are met (close in particular).
- Strong consulting, problem-solving, and conceptual skills, along with interpersonal skills necessary to work with various levels of management
- A positive attitude and an intellectual curiosity to investigate variance issues. Also must possess keen attention to detail and organization.
- The ability to be a team-player while using initiative and persistence to get results.
- The ability to function in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting (preferred) or Finance.
- MBA or CPA preferred, but not required